“The people who get ahead in this world are the people who go out and look for the right circumstances, and if they can’t find them, they create them.”Adapted from George Bernard Shaw
Better Sage helps people and organisations to achieve a positive change and accelerate learning through coaching, mentoring and consultancy. This approach empowers clients to become the best they can be in the fast paced and ever changing world.
My name is Miro Vala and I started Better Sage in 2017. I’m an accredited executive coach and mentor, and a fellow of the Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability with degrees in business and science. I’m passionate about helping people and organisations to become happier, smarter and faster.
Being curious about life sciences and human nature has been a driving force that brought me to study and learn across rather an unusual mix of subjects. My expertise spans from Coaching and Behavioural Change to Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility, Quality, CI and Lean Systems, as well as Agronomy and Horticulture.
I was born in Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic) and over the past almost two decades I have resided in the United Kingdom. I have lived in four different countries and worked with a people, often culturally quite different, across Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the Americas.
With over 20 years of experience in sustainability leadership I found myself in the center of people development and process management in international supply chains, food production, manufacturing and retail. I was privileged to work for a multi-award winning organisation, with leading UK food retailers and major producers across the world.
As a licensed competitive table tennis player for most of my life I have learned a great deal from sports coaching. It provides me with a valuable perspective for coaching and mentoring conversations outside the sports arena.
I coach and mentor clients from diverse industries – financial services, public, retail and transportation sectors, as well as budding entrepreneurs. As part of my continuous professional development I’m regularly supervised.
Ing. Miroslav Vala MBA FICRS
- Studying towards MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change at Henley Business School – University of Reading, United Kingdom
- EMCC Accredited Coach/Mentor at Practitioner level – European Mentoring & Coaching Council
- Professional Certificate in Coaching – Henley Business School, United Kingdom
- Certified lean practitioner – Certificate in Lean Competency – Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- Certified in the Essentials of Systemic Coaching and Constellations – John Whittington, London, United Kingdom
- Executive MBA – Nottingham University Business School, United Kingdom
- Masters Programme in Tropical and Subtropical Agriculture – Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Czech Republic